Pumpkin Granola – Full of fall flavor and perfect for snacking, this crunchy homemade granola recipe is naturally sweetened, requires only a handful of ingredients, and is vegan, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and super easy to make!
Get ready for your home to smell wonderful!
Easy homemade chunky healthy pumpkin granola made with a delicious mix of oats, pumpkin puree, pecans, pepitas, pure maple syrup, cinnamon, and allspice. This vegan and gluten free granola recipe makes the perfect crunchy snack or on-the-go breakfast!
And, of course, making granola at home is much better than buying it in the stores! You control the ingredients and can easily make an extra batch for the same amount a bag of pre-made granola costs. Win, win!
So gather your ingredients, and let’s make pumpkin granola!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This healthy crunchy pumpkin granola recipe is packed with simple ingredients that keep it both vegan and refined sugar free and oil-free. Here’s everything you will need:
- Oats. Old-fashioned oats are what we’ll be using. To make this gluten free, look for oats labeled Certified GF.
- Pumpkin puree. Make sure to use only 100% pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie puree. Use fresh or canned.
- Pure maple syrup. This natural sweetener also works great at clumping and hardening the granola.
- Pecans. This richly flavored nut pairs well with pumpkin puree and spices.
- Pepitas. It is pumpkin granola, so what perfect seed to use than pumpkin seeds!
- Cinnamon. Cinnamon is great, but feel free to use pumpkin pie spice if you prefer. You may even like to add both!
- Allspice. If you don’t have allspice, nutmeg or smidge of ground clove will do nicely.
- Salt. My favorite salt for just about everything is pink mineral salt, aka Himalayan Salt. It has beneficial minerals and trace elements you won’t find in other salts. Plus, it’s delicious!
Optional Ingredients: For another layer of flavor add vanilla extract and/or coconut flakes. See notes in the recipe card for more.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
How To Make Pumpkin Granola
Making this granola recipe only takes a few simple steps:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, pecans, pepitas and spices.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and maple syrup, and pour into the dry ingredients (shown above).
- Mix well to combine.
- Spread the granola in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment liners or Silpat.
- Place in the oven at bake for 40 – 50 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Enjoy this granola and all the aroma that comes with making it!
Tips For Making Healthy Granola
- Bake granola at a low temperature. This is to prevent burning but also to really get that nice golden flavor and texture. I bake my granola at 300 degrees F.
- Mix well to coat. When mixing the dry and wet ingredients, be sure to mix well, coating each piece with the pumpkin-maple mixture for maximum flavor and clumpiness.
- Clump the granola with your hands. Once you’ve added the granola to your baking sheet, use your hands to create small clumps before you bake.
- Do not stir granola when it’s fresh from the oven. The granola will naturally harden and clump together as it cools, so give it time to clump together before stirring.
Besides scooping it by the handful and sneaking little bites here and there, try this pumpkin granola on top of smoothie bowls, layered into non-dairy yogurt parfaits, in a bowl with a bit of your favorite plant milk, or take on the road in a grab-and-go container.
How To Store Granola
You can store this healthy granola in a mason jar or an airtight container for up to 1 – 2 months (but trust me when I say it’s not going to last that long!).
More Granola Recipes!
- Healthy Everyday Granola Recipe
- Spicy Nut + Seed Bars
- Seed + Goji Berry Granola
- Ginger-Orange Granola
- See all vegan Granola, Nut + Seed recipes on TSV!
If you try this easy pumpkin granola recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
PUMPKIN GRANOLA (VEGAN + OIL FREE)
Full of flavor and perfect for snacking, this crunchy pumpkin granola is naturally sweetened and made with only a handful of ingredients! It’s oil-free, refined sugar-free and easy to make.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 16, 1/3 cup per serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Oven, Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice or nutmeg
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon mineral salt
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
Prep: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
Dry ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, pecans, pepitas and spices.
Wet ingredients: In a measuring cup or small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree and maple syrup.
Mix wet & dry: Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, mix well to combine.
Layer: Spread the granola on rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake: Place in the oven at bake for 40 – 50 minutes, stirring half way through. Let cool, granola will harden as it cools.
Makes about 4 1/2.
Serves 9, about 1/2 cup per serving.
Store: Keep granola in a mason jar or an airtight container for up to a 1 – 2 months.
Keywords: pumpkin granola, oil-free pumpkin granola, healthy granola recipe